COLLEGE COURSE CATALOGS
Every semester, college students need to research and select their courses. Students have multiple resources to use during this process including their advisor and their school’s website. A printed course catalog is another well-used resource for college students (and their parents) because it presents course information in an easy-to-use and easy-to-share format.
College course catalogs have the space and flexibility to show prerequisites, costs, dates, days of week, times of day, holidays, graduation requirements, and much more. Susquehanna Printing can print your educational\ institution’s course catalog so that students have the resources they need to keep their education on track.
Tips for Printing College Course Catalogs
Don’t underestimate the impact of a clear layout, even on something as “simple” as a college course catalog. Some things to keep in mind are:
- Good use of white space. White space helps focus the eye and keeps readers from being distracted by clutter.
- Grids, tables, flow charts, and diagrams are all useful visual tools to present complex information in an easily digestible manner.
- Keep fonts consistent across the publication and test them for easy readability.
- Proofing is an essential and often-missed stage in the print design process. Have a different person proof the pages than the person who wrote and designed them. Fresh eyes make it easier to catch confusing aspects of the layout.
Design and Material
The design and material of your course catalog convey to the reader information about your college’s brand. Some things to consider are:
- Design- Where possible, use photos or graphics that convey the feeling of your university’s brand. Original photography of the smiling faces of happy students creates a halo effect that encourages prospective students to think “I want to be there.”
- Material– For cost effectiveness, nothing beats printing on newsprint and Susquehanna Printing is the leading resource in the mid-Atlantic region for coldest newsprint printing. Newsprint comes in multiple grades with varying levels of whiteness so that you can achieve the look you want. We can wrap the newsprint interior in a glossy coated cover to give your catalog a magazine feeling at a fraction of the magazine cost.
Once your college course catalog is beautifully printed you’ll need to get it to students. Susquehanna Printing has an in-house U.S. Postal Service clerk on site 5 days a week. This means that we can pre-certify your college course catalog mailing before it gets to the Post Office so that it enters the mail stream faster. In addition, we can analyze your mailing list to select the most efficient routes. And, if you would like to do a saturation mailing of your catalog, we are an EDDM (Every Door Direct Mail) vendor.
If you would like stacks of catalogs delivered to your university, we have our own fleet of trucks which will save you time and money in shipping. Susquehanna Printing can deliver shrink-wrapped stacks of catalogs to your advising offices, academic buildings, dining halls, and residence halls, or to locations near campus – wherever your students are likely to be found.
We’ve got your school covered
Whether your school is in a Pennsylvania town such as Lancaster, Millersville, Elizabethtown, Harrisburg, Carlisle, Gettysburg, Reading, Philadelphia, Lebanon, West Chester, Kutztown, York, Allentown, or another state such as Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Susquehanna Printing is your best option for fast, cost-effective printing of your university’s course catalog.