Why do direct mail?
You may have heard that direct mail is too expensive or that it’s ineffective. Nothing could be further from the truth! Direct mail is a vital part of effective direct marketing campaigns. Here are a few reasons why:
- Direct mail reaches the home– This is important because 88% of purchase decisions are made in the home, especially high value purchases. Having your direct mail piece in the home facilitates consideration of your products and services.
- Direct mail has a long lifespan – Direct mail has an average lifespan of 17 days, vs. a few seconds for email.
- Direct mail results in larger purchases – How much larger? Five times larger than purchases made from email-only campaigns. And, the combination of direct mail + email marketing resulted in purchases that were six times larger than email-only campaigns.
- Direct mail is more personal – Consumers experience a stronger emotional effect from direct mail digital marketing, with longer-lasting impact and easier recollection.
- Direct mail is trusted – Mailed ads and catalogues are trusted by 70% to 83% of recipients, with older Americans showing the highest levels of trust.
Postal Expertise in Lancaster County
Our Lancaster, PA postal and mailing experts have over 55 years of expertise in United States Postal Service (USPS) regulations and mail data optimization. In fact, Susquehanna Printing has a USPS Postal Clerk on site. This level of expertise means we understand the impact of direct mail choices such as mail format, mail class, graphic design, list targeting, and delivery options. Always keeping clients’ budgets and deadlines in mind, our team is committed to providing the most effective and cost-efficient options for every mailing.
Read our mailing services page or a case study for more information on how we can save your company money whether you are mailing locally in Lancaster, PA or anywhere in the United States.
B2B and B2C List Procurement Services
You may be fortunate enough to have your own list of customers or prospects for your mailing, but what if you don’t have your own mailing list? We can procure a targeted direct mail list using a broad range of demographic, psychographic, lifestyle, and geographic selections. And, as important as it is to mail to the right people, you also want to pay attention to your exclusions. For example, if you run a plumbing company, we’ll ensure your mailing doesn’t go to rental addresses. If your business is a K-12 tutoring service, we’ll ensure your mailing doesn’t go to retirement communities.
Read more about our list procurement services. Lists can be procured for Lancaster County, PA or anywhere in the United States.