Digital printing is a newer technology than offset (coldset or heatset) printing. Digital printing does not require the creation of plates. Instead, you design your piece on the computer and send the file to the digital printer and ink is applied directly to the paper surface. Our Konica Minolta production printer has exceptional digital color quality, ultra-high-speed B&W output, and professional inline finishing options to handle any job spec.
How are we different?
While our Goss coldset press is an outstanding solution for high-volume offset newsprint jobs, our Konica Minolta Bizhub Press C1060 digital press is the right choice for non-newsprint jobs. As part of a leading digital printing company, our digital press team can print almost any type of product, including flyers, brochures, postcards, D-cards, and more. Our digital team handles variable data and variable images to ensure optimal personalization in your printed products.
Our highly trained sales and customer support team will provide a personalized experience from project start to finish. Our production and design teams are passionate about ensuring your success, down to the last detail.
When should you use digital printing?
Digital printing is best for small jobs and for jobs that have variable images or copy within the same job.
Benefits of digital printing:
- Fast turnaround time because there is no need to prepare plates.
- Cost effective for very small jobs. Minimum job quantity of 100 copies, with no limit on maximum quantities.
- Can handle variable data.
Disadvantages of digital printing:
- Not as cost-effective as offset printing for large volume jobs.
- Color reproduction may not have as high fidelity as offset printing.
Susquehanna Printing’s leadership team has Six Sigma black belt certification. Six Sigma is a well-established quality assurance methodology that brings discipline and data to business processes. We have implemented detailed standard operating procedures (SOPs) for press sheet pulls throughout press runs, inspections at each point in the production process, with all equipment regularly calibrated according to manufacturer’s specifications. Our experienced, highly-skilled press operators control the ink flow to the paper to ensure consistent output and no fading. Our press team produces reliable, quality printing page after page.
Still not convinced? Susquehanna Printing’s customer-service portal, NewsXtreme, allows you to preview and approve your proofs online, thus providing you with direct visibility and control of the quality of your final product.
Digital Press Specifications
- High-speed digital color press print/copy output of 60 ppm in color and B&W, with fast scanning for streamlined production workflow
- 1200 x 1200 DPI resolution with 8-bit processing for smoother, more realistic images
- SEAD IV Screen-Enhancing Active Digital Processing System continuously maintains image stability
- Enhanced Simitri® HDE toner for superior halftone and skin-tone reproduction
- 7,500-sheet maximum paper capacity for long press runs without interruption
- Accepts paper sizes up to 13” x 19.2” and weights up to 300 gsm
- Versatile inline finishing options to suit any production need, up to 60 pages in 12” x 18” booklets
- Konica Minolta participates in EPEAT, a ratings standard for measuring electronics products’ environmental impact.
- 80-Page Booklet Finisher with half-fold and tri-fold functions and 2/3-hole punching and post inserter options
- 50 Sheet Staple Finisher for 2-point stapling and sorting, with 2/3-hole punching and post inserter options
- 200-page Booklet Finisher produces saddle-stitched booklets with trimming
- GBC Punch Unit with simple slide-in, slide-out die replacement, Ring Binder Unit to create ring-bound reports and presentations
- Large Capacity Stacker Unit handles up to 5,000-sheet output with rollaway trolley to move print output to offline finishing or distribution points
- Custom-designed Konica Minolta IC-602 Image Controller for high-speed, low-cost production
- External Fiery IC-308 and internal IC-415 Fiery Image Controller options with advanced color management capabilities