Which applications are acceptable?
- Adobe Acrobat PDF, with embedded fonts
- Adobe Illustrator, with fonts converted to outline
- Adobe InDesign CS2
- Adobe PageMaker 7.0
- Adobe Photoshop
- QuarkXPress 4.0, 5 & 6.5
How do I handle fonts?
- Mac: All fonts must be PostScript Type 1 fonts
- PC: All fonts must be TrueType
- Include all licensed screen and printer fonts in a folder labeled FONTS.
How do I format color and graphics?
- Be sure to include all graphic files.
- Save all graphics as EPS, PDF or TIFF files.
- Colors must be CMYK, not RGB.
- Convert all black & white images to grayscale.
- Resolution should be 300dpi minimum.
- Graphics should not be scaled more than 25%.
- All graphics, artwork and scans should be properly linked to files and places on disk in the event of revisions.
What are your printing specifications?
- Tonal Range: 15 to 85%
- Line Screen: 120. Minimum dot 3 mil round
- Dot Grain:
- Highlight: 20-25%
- Midtone: 20-25%
- Shadow: 10-15%
- Minimum Black Density: 1.70
- Shadow Density: Max. full color printing density 240
- Negative Specifications: Right Reading Emulsion Down (RRED) with a density of 5.0
- Negatives must be separated at 100-120 line screen
- Negatives must have at least 2 inches of film around live ad size
How may I submit my files?
- Zip Disk (100MB)
- Email: prepress.eph@LNPnews.com
- FTP Site: Available upon request
We also offer design services.